Wednesday, December 2, 2009

GADGETS AND CHILI!!

I found this new item at Sprawl-Mart's Super Center about 2 months ago and we LOVE it! It tastes just like a loaded baked potato! I follow the directions and when it's done cooking, I sprinkle extra cheese and bacon bits on top!

Oh yeah!


I love to cook and one thing I have learned over the years is that you have to have good tools! I am really picky about my knives but for Christmas 3 years ago, Jessica and Steven gave me this handy chopper that they found at Williams Sonoma!

It has 2 different cutting plates and it makes quick work of chopping or slicing vegetables!

There is even a handy measuring cup to see how much you have chopped! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this helpful tool!

So...this is the scene that greeted us this morning here in Texas! It won't stick and by the time I leave for work, it'll be just drizzle! Still, it IS beautiful since it's a rare sight for us to see down here in the Lone Star State!




Dave heading out in the company car for work!

With this kind of a day and 2 houses on my cleaning schedule what better to have for supper than White Chicken Chili!?

The Rotissiere Chicken is all chopped up! I prepped the veggies and chicken yesterday while I was making our dinner.

I absolutely LOVE the smell of onions sauteing on the stove!

Onions, garlic, Green Chiles and the spices all ready to go into the crockpot!

Now it will cook on low for *5 hours!

I will serve it up in my Chili bowls, topped with cheese and have either fresh, warm Italian Bread or crushed up Tortilla Chips!


WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
4 Chicken Breasts, cooked and chopped or
1 Rotissiere Chicken, deboned, skinned and chopped
2 Med Onions, chopped
1 TBL Oil
4 Cloves, Garlic, minced
7 oz. Chopped green Chiles
2 tsp. Ground Cumin
1 1/2 tsp. Oregano or Italian Seasoning
1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
2 (16 oz each) Great Northern Beans, drain and rinse
2 cans Chicken Broth
3 Cups Shredded Cheddar or Monterey jack Cheese.

Saute onions in oil until transluscent, add garlic, chiles and spices, cook additional 5 minutes. In Crockpot place onion-spice mixure, chicken, broth & beans, cook on low *5 hours. 10 minutes before serving, stir in 2 cups of cheese and stir thoroughly. Ladle up servings topped with additional cheese and sprinkle with crushed tortilla chips or serve with warm bread!

15 comments:

Margie said...

YUMM!!!!!!!

Trish said...

Looks like my kind of meal...love my crock pot! What a handy dandy gadget!

Constance said...

The house smells so good already! I used my crockpot on Thanksgiving to transport the mashed potatoes and they were great! This gadget is a real time saver!

Felisol said...

Isn't life weird. Texas has got snow, and we on the far side of the North Sea haven't seen the sort.
That chicken casserole sounds good. I can smell it all over the sea, with the garlic and onion.

What I really fell for is that onion chopper. I use onion all the time, and I never get it sliced small enough.
In ten-twenty years it will probably be on the market, together with the crockpot!
From felisol

Pat said...

Yum...I wish I had my dinner made, I don't even have a thought as to what it will be!
Love the onion chopper, I'm going to see if I can go to Williams Sonoma on line to order it. There is one that's not horribly far from me, but I'd rather order on line then fight the crowds!
I'd like some tortilla chips in my chili please!

Mrs. Mac said...

Crock pots have to be man/woman's greatest kitchen gadget for sure. Got enough chili in case mrs. mac's gang drops in around dinner? :)

Constance said...

since it's just Dave and I now, I have plenty!

donna said...

I printed out your recipe...it's what's for dinner tomorrow night...

of ocurse I will have to settle for no cheese and no chips...but I don't mind...it sounds very yummy

Deb said...

Sounds delicious! ...and what a perfect day for chili...when it snowed (in Texas?!) lol

Margie said...

we were laughing at work today because we have a warehouse in El Paso... and probably one of the first times EVER, they have snow and we don't... and even though Sara loves snow... they can keep it all!!!

Crown of Beauty said...

You have been busy cooking, and taking pictures, and posting to share it all with us... what a generous heart you have, dear Connie.

I will try this recipe. It sounds yummy!

Love
Lidj

Terry said...

hi connie..i haven't been here for a few days and look what i have been missing.
that sparkling snow you have there in your lone star state...did mrs. mac send it to you?
it is almost time that she will be putting her crown back on.
she is the idaho snow queen and she will be on the attack!
she sent a few flakes down to southern ontario but they melted on the mild november day!

this looks like a real yummy chili recipe and with all of the hours it takes to cook, it will be even more delicious!
i am going to try it on bernie!
i love the pictures you added too. makes this look like a recipe in a cook book.

was the apron on a day off connie?

well i must read the your other posts..love terry

ps..fair warning felisol...i think i saw mrs. mac looking toward the far side of the sea...towards norway!

Amrita said...

Wow I am all agog at the photos and recepi. Yummy.

Love your choper.

That 's lots of snow for TX

Jada's Gigi said...

Thank you thank you for the recipe!! Looks delish! Snow in Tx! Just in time for Christmas...it makes everything more festive..especially when you only have a dusting.
Terry...where HAVE you been?

Vicki said...

This is perfect since I just boiled a chicken yesterday and need to do something with the meat! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!